Thursday, April 9, 2020

Identified!

When my hubby and I moved to California I brought 4 violets, which I gave to my daughter. She already had a couple Primulina (formerly Chirita). She had a yellow one named Hotei and one other. By the time we moved to Wisconsin the violets had died from some sort of fungus because of dampness. I still had my one Optimara Little Rose Quartz and the species Primulina USBRG 98-083. I also ended up with plant my daughter gave me, a bunch of babies from a leaf. I thought they were Hotei. I shared some of the babies with a friend, and also sent her the species. The one baby I kept finally bloomed, not yellow. It took some time ad searching to discover the name. A Primulina Facebook group confirmed the name as Kazu. I always feel a bit sad when I go digging through the past, the time when my daughter was alive. She and I bought plants together and went to meetings together. Together we learned, fought mites and powdery mildew, and transplanted. It was easy because she lived with us at the time. I'm pretty sure Kazu wasn't in my original plant list, most likely one my daughter bought. So, in honor and remembrance of my younger daughter, here is:

Kazu
This cultivar is a hybrid of Primulina linearifolia and P. sinensis latifolia






No comments: